Skinstyler trackpad protector

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0Ghz, 2nd gen iPod shuffle, 5th gen iPod nano
Has anyone got one of these on their trackpad?

www.skinstyler.com

I've just got mine and tried applying it to my MacBook's pad, but even though it says it's meant to increase the sensitivity and make the trackpad easier to use, it makes mine worse to use. Parts of it won't register my finger on the trackpad, and it can make the cursor jump around the screen and randomly click thinking I've tapped it.

I've not seen any bad reviews, so I'm wondering if I've done something wrong when applying it.

They have a money back guarantee, but I really like the protector, and would be great if it worked on my trackpad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4GhZ 4 GB RAM
bump!
I would like to know that too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
After viewing some review from youtube and I decided to get one. I just got mine today and I must say it is flawless as advertised.

Reaction score
Don't do it. It takes forever to deliver (from Hong Kong) and their site is super confusing. Just wasted $10 on what I thought was the right product. P.S. Don't confuse "MacBook Pro" with the current MacBook Pro. They really mean the old MacBook Pro. WTH.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Don't do it. It takes forever to deliver (from Hong Kong) and their site is super confusing. Just wasted $10 on what I thought was the right product. P.S. Don't confuse "MacBook Pro" with the current MacBook Pro. They really mean the old MacBook Pro. WTH.

You are replying to a post that's over a year old!

Reaction score
You are replying to a post that's over a year old!

Yeah, but this thread is still a top search result for "skin styler trackpad" on Google.

For what it's worth, the customer rep admitted that the website is confusing and they're changing it. They also offered to send me the right one for free so that was very cool. The thing is, I tried (the wrong sized) one out and I totally agree with matty-j: The sensitivity is definitely affected for the worse, especially for "touch clicking."

Reaction score
We are here to help

Thank you for voice out your problem. We have served more than 10,000 customers worldwide and many of them are satisfy and love our matte skin. Some of them even leave us great feedback and repeat order from us.

We also believe there are some customers that could not get use to the matte surface. If our product does not meet your expectation, instead of complaining in forum, do contact us and let us know. All of the orders come with 30 days money back guarantee, we will refund you in full, no question asked.

If you have ordered a wrong size for your MacBook, please do contact us also and let us know too. We will solve the problem for you. Please kindly quote your name, order num and also problem when contact us in this form Contact Us : SkinStyler, Macbook Trackpad Skin & Wrist Rest Protector

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
I went with the Moshi trackpad and palm rest protector. will never look back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.