Photo Booth - not updated in Leopard?

Reaction score
Sorry for this question about a very minor thing indeed, but it's bugging me!

In Leopard there are meant to be various changes, updates to Photo Booth. Mine however is the same as before - only 2 pgs of effects, no video backdrops.

I installed Leopard as an upgrade on my iMac G5.

Any thoughts?

Muchas gracias.

Isa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Can you post like a screenshot? Cause Photo Booth has definitely been updated with Leopard...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I think it depends on the Mac you install it to. If your Mac didn't meet the minimum requirements or if it doesn't have a built in camera, Photo Booth might not have updated.
You didn't tell us what Mac you're using.

OP
izmc79
Reaction score
Sorry - I did say I was using an iMac G5 - is this not enough information? It certainly has a built-in camera.

Here is more info if that helps:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac G5
Model Identifier: PowerMac12,1
Processor Name: PowerPC G5 (3.1)
Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz
Number Of CPUs: 1
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 1.5 GB
Bus Speed: 700 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.6f1

I will try to post a screen shot, though I've not done this before...

Thanks for your help.

OP
izmc79
Reaction score
Oooh, I know what might help: giving you the version number of photo booth:

2.0.1 (72) - is that what it is supposed to be in Leopard?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
According to Apple's website, back drop effects require a Core Duo or faster processor. This is why you see no change. I thought it included some G5 iMacs (specifically ones with the built-in iSight b/c not all do) which is why I asked for more specific specs.
No need to get snippy.

OP
izmc79
Reaction score
MacHeadCase - I'm a little insulted by your post. 15 min before you posted it, I did exactly that and posted the hardware system info as requested, so it should be clear that I do already know how to gather info on my Mac!

If you can tell me how to supply the requested screenshot that would be much more helpful!

Thanks anyway though - I know you meant well. Maybe you didn't see my previous post.

OP
izmc79
Reaction score
Thanks Bryphotoguy - you have answered my question.

Gee, computers sure age quickly don't they!

Thanks to everyone here once again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Hmm. Didn't know about this Core Duo being required for video backdrops.

In any case, to take a screenshot, hit Command+Shift+3 for whole screen, or Command+Shift+4 will give you a target cursor so you can drag out a screenshot. :)

M

MacHeadCase

This post will help you in finding out the info on your Mac : How to gather all the info on your Mac.

MacHeadCase - I'm a little insulted by your post. 15 min before you posted it, I did exactly that and posted the hardware system info as requested, so it should be clear that I do already know how to gather info on my Mac!

If you can tell me how to supply the requested screenshot that would be much more helpful!

Thanks anyway though - I know you meant well. Maybe you didn't see my previous post.

That post insulted you ? Jeez...

You sounded like you didn't know how to look for the exact model of your iMac. I was just trying to help.

Anyway. Remember that the more info you give, the faster we can help.

OP
izmc79
Reaction score
Hey, no worries, not deeply insulted MacHeadCase! I think you must have missed one of my posts that's all, which made your response rather odd...

As I said in my reply, I know you were trying to help, and I'm grateful for that!

I will try to remember to supply as much info as I can in future. I really appreciate all the good work done in these forums.

OP
izmc79
Reaction score
Hmm. Didn't know about this Core Duo being required for video backdrops.

In any case, to take a screenshot, hit Command+Shift+3 for whole screen, or Command+Shift+4 will give you a target cursor so you can drag out a screenshot. :)

thanks very much for this - it will be helpful in the future. :D

M

MacHeadCase

Hey, no worries, not deeply insulted MacHeadCase! I think you must have missed one of my posts that's all, which made your response rather odd...

As I said in my reply, I know you were trying to help, and I'm grateful for that!

I will try to remember to supply as much info as I can in future. I really appreciate all the good work done in these forums.

Yeah just saw it, my bad. :)

The snow we have in the streets must be in my brain too. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.