Another one of those MacBook Pro battery issue problems..

Reaction score
Hi,

This just started recently. My MBP is 16 months old. The magnetic charger no longer shows a "green" or "red" light when it's plugged in, but the battery indicator icon on my desktop shows that it's charging. Sometimes if I leave it plugged in all the time and I remove the a/c adapter, the battery meter will only be at 50-60% or so. There's no light at all on the charger..although sometimes if I wiggle it I'll get the occasional green light that'll just disappear within a minute or two.

Some stats about my battery:

16 months old
310 load cycles

Downloaded CoconutBattery like some people suggested, and here are the stats:

Picture2-1.png

Now what stands out immediately is that the Maximum Battery Charge exceeds the Original Battery Capacity. 5890 mAh vs. the original 5500 mAh.

I've also left it charged all day but yet it's only 61% charged.

I have drained the battery all the way multiple times, and did the SMC Reset as well. I've also deleted the Battery Update 1.3 patch, rebooted it, and updated it with the 1.2 patch, but the problem still persists.

Has anybody else encountered this problem? How do I fix this battery bug?

Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
What are the battery figures in the System Profiler? do they match Coconut?

OP
A
Reaction score
Yeah they match exactly. Here are the stats taken just right now when the laptop has been charging ALL DAY. Look at the maximum battery charge and current battery charge. :(

System Profiler:
Picture4.png

CoconutBattery:
Picture3.png

OP
A
Reaction score
Is it possible to "overcharge" your MBP battery if I leave it plugged in all the time?

I try to drain it all the way every once in a while but I'm not sure if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.