Not sure if they gave me the right model..???

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the forums!

I have had a MacBook Pro since it first came out, however my old one had finally had its run, and I went this week to get the NEW MacBook Pro. The sales person asked me if I wanted the matte or glossy screen, and I specified that I wanted the matte screen. I have the MacBook Pro now at home, and I think they gave me the glossy screen anyway by mistake. I am not sure though. I have checked the box for anything that specifies the screen and I cant find anything. I am hoping someone in these forums can tell me FOR SURE how to tell. I would hate to have to go all the way back to the store to exchange it if I dont have to. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
It should be on the UPC code area, although I can't be sure because I don't have it anymore(mail in rebate)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
Take a picture with the flash on and post it.

Reaction score
How bad is the reflection if you hold a lamp in front of the screen, or during the day position the screen so room windows would reflect in it?

I have a Samsung matte screen, and nothing is reflected when I plunk a lighted table lamp down in front of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
On the black sticker at the front of the box that lays out the specs for your macbook pro. If on the line that describes the LCD is says glossy lcd then it is glossy. If it does not then it is the matte one. It won't actually say matte. But if it is glossy it WILL say glossy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AppleIIc 6inch display.
if you cant tell id say its matte, glossy is very noticible

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If it's a glossy screen, you'll be able to see your own reflection in the screen without needing to put any other lights and such around it.

Set it on your lap. Tilt the screen directly at your eyes. Start up text edit. Enlarge it to full screen. Do you have to adjust your eyes to look past your own reflection to see the screen?

If it is the glossy screen, you won't have any question about it. It's a very annoying attribute to some of us.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.