New MacBook, problems already?!

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought the black MacBook about two weeks ago (got it on sale because the new versions were coming out), from Best Buy.

Anyway, I'm freaking out because I'm already having problems with it. Twice in the past week and a half, my computer has like frozen up - the screen splits into all these little lines, and if music is playing it repeats the last syllable of the music over and over again (like a cd that gets stuck). It wouldn't stop of go away until I shut off the computer. This has happened twice, and also I keep having to force quit stuff (but I know that happens a lot on Macs so that's not really my source of worry.)

Does anyone know why its doing this? My mom's Ibook which we've had for four years has never done anything like it before.

Another note that might help: The computer was the last one they had, and it had been returned by a kid who bought it but then realized needed a better/different computer for gaming. Because it was returned (it still had everything that originally came with it, and they had reloaded it and taken all of the other kid's stuff off) we got more money off - so we were excited to get it at such a deal. But I'm worried now that buying it returned might have something to do with it also...

Ok, sorry I rambled! Please help, I'm worried that my computer is broken or something is wrong with it :Oops:

Thanks!
Rachel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Looks like a hardware problem. You might want to get it checked out by an Apple tech.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD
It's either the logic board or bad memory, take it back or bring it in for warranty service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.