Finder (Not Responding)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
I saw a program online called called checkup that I wanted to give a try the other day. It can be found at http://www.app4mac.com/

Anyway, I downloaded and installed it and had all kinds of problems getting it to run for very long without freezing or give an error and quitting. So I uninstalled it. I read online that it is pretty hard to remove all of the contents of this program. Its not just a drag and drop into the trash. There is some other process running it uses called CheckAgent I believe. You must quit this program via processes in the Activity monitor before you can even fully remove checkup.

I deleted the checkingagent program from my applications as well, not knowing fully what it did. I think this was a mistake because now Activity monitor and istat pro (dashboard widget) don't work. I can't even open Activity Monitor anymore, and the istat widget does not register any stats anymore.

I don't have a backup on time machine with these files still present on my computer. I am not really sure what the checking agent app was even called. On top of all of this, Finder keeps hanging in "Finder (Not Responding)" mode in the Force Quit menu. When I attempt to relaunch, nothing happens.

I have also duplicated the problem several times, and it only happens during a time machine backup, if that is any help.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks for help.

jdgti

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Ok, I guess no one else has had this problem with time machine and finder.

If anyone does please let me know.

M

MacHeadCase

Maybe it would be worth a try to contact, if possible, the developers and talk to them about this problem of yours. If the only outcome of your contact with them is to make a better product or let them know this is going on, it would be very much worth it as it will help anyone else using this app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.