Network Printer with scanner capabilities

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions on a network printer that prints and scans wirelessly.
All of the things that I have looked at talks about Multifunction printers that can only print wirelessly but not scan.

My printer will be setup about 25 feet away from my router (Time Capsule) and I want to print and scan wirelessly.

Suggestions on what to start looking at?

Thanks

Rich in Maine

Reaction score
Well, I have an all in one, but it's not wireless. I have it connected to my router though, it's not connected right to the computer. Getting print to work was pretty easy, I didn't really have to do anything, but in order to scan I had to download the drivers and software from HP's website.

Are you just having problems scanning or is the print function not working either?

OP
R
Reaction score
I don't have a printer yet. I am looking at buying something that will print and scan wirelessly. It just seems that all of the things I see online with multifunction printers and print servers, you can't scan--just print. I want to be able to do both wirelessly.

Rich in Maine

LWC

Reaction score
I have a Lexmark x4850 that scans and prints wirelessly - works well.

Reaction score
Well, I have an all in one, but it's not wireless. I have it connected to my router though, it's not connected right to the computer. Getting print to work was pretty easy, I didn't really have to do anything, but in order to scan I had to download the drivers and software from HP's website.

how did you get it to work?? i downloaded drivers for leopard after updating installed hp cd/software.

i have a new imac, pc xp pro sp2 connected wirelessly thru timecapsule. the hp 7410 all in one prints fine using imac. the dell pc was moved to another room and has one of those thingys that allows dell to be wireless; wireless part is fine, can see everything. however, it won't print to the network printer (hp7410).

since time capsule only has 1 usb port, i got a powered usb hub (connected to time capsule) and no prob printing from imac.

i cannot scan while wireless printer is connected to time capsule/wireless. functionality of 7410 allows scanning, fax, etc. via it's front panel. i did a test to ensure printer functionally fine, by direct connecting printer to imac and had no problems.

how can i get scan capability to work while printer connected to time capsule? i read in networkng faqs about usb device server. right now, don't have $$ to purchase, but for my for my job, i need scan and fax capability.

what's so wierd is, when i had the linksys router, the printer was connected to dell since dell was not wireless. it didn't matter if dell was powered on or not, my pc laptop, connected to the network, could print. when dell was not powered on (rarely used), i could still print to printer as long as i was on wireless network.

my goal is to:

get pc/dell able to print, etc. to network ptr (hp7410).
scan and use other mult-function capabilities while it's connected to time capsule.
(i hope this makes sense. i'm pretty frustrated right now). thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I use a networked HP C 6380 connected to an Airport Extreme that allows me
to do everything wireless including monitor all the stats of the printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.