Installing Leopard with iPod Help needed

Reaction score
I am trying to place a (legit) copy of leopard onto my ipod since I dont have a double layer disc burner. I was wondering...Is there anyway to put a bootable image of leopard on my ipod without the use of disc utility? I keep getting different errors when I use disc utility.

Thanks,
Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 2.4Ghz 4GB TripleBoot OS X, XP Pro, Vista Bus. – Dual 2.0ghz G5/6GB/9800xt/320GBx2/Firmtek
Are you trying to make a backup copy of the disk to put on your ipod? Or are you trying to make a bootable image from the HD OS to restore from?

Disk utility will do it. I've successfully done it from both.

If your getting errors perhaps you did something wrong. Did you make the target directly to the ipod? Probably be better to save the image to the computer first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 2.4Ghz 4GB TripleBoot OS X, XP Pro, Vista Bus. – Dual 2.0ghz G5/6GB/9800xt/320GBx2/Firmtek
TRY THIS
Put your install disc in your Mac
Applications>Open Disk Utility
Select the disc on the left
Click on the "New Image" icon on the top
Under disck format on the pop up make sure "Image Format" is DVD/CD Master
Hit save

If you're going to restore this from an image you will probably need to scan for restore. If just burning a disk for later this isn't needed.

Another thing I thought of that might be giving you errors could be this:
When I made backup images for both Tiger and Leopard they were disks I bought. The disks that you can install on any Mac.

Perhaps if you were using a disk that came with an mini in a G5 desktop or maybe a computer that was an intel, this may give you errors. Also I only made backups of those operating system disks that were installed by the same OS disk. I'm not sure if that matters just my 2 cents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.