Windows Install problem

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have an almost new macbook and am trying to install windows on it. I used the boot camp assistant to create a 20 gig HD partition. Then it asks me to put windows disc in and it works and loads a bunch of stuff but when I get to the blue screen where it asks if I want to install windows or repair it crashes. When I hit enter to install nothing happens it's just frozen. Nothing is wrong with the windows disk itself, I tested it and successfully installed windows on another machine.

I don't know whats wrong. The windows disc is service pack 3 so it should work.
Thanks for the help,

Farlen

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey guys

I have an almost new macbook and am trying to install windows on it. I used the boot camp assistant to create a 20 gig HD partition. Then it asks me to put windows disc in and it works and loads a bunch of stuff but when I get to the blue screen where it asks if I want to install windows or repair it crashes. When I hit enter to install nothing happens it's just frozen. Nothing is wrong with the windows disk itself, I tested it and successfully installed windows on another machine.

I don't know whats wrong. The windows disc is service pack 3 so it should work.
Thanks for the help,

Farlen

The Boot Camp documentation specifies a Window XP disc with SP2 integrated. SP3 is still in beta, so that might be why you're having issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.