Mail Signatures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I am wondering if there is a way to create more elaborate signatures in Mac Mail? The options shown in Mail preferences aren't adequate.

M

MacHeadCase

My buddy Timmy responded to Melvin Rivera's blog post and tweaked the procedure somewhat. So more tips here.

I combined both Rivera's and Timmy's posts to build mine.

Hope this helps. :)

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The problem I'm having now is I have no Signature folder in the "Library/Mail" folder. So I have no idea where signatures are stored on OS 10.5.2.

M

MacHeadCase

Oh... That's too bad, I'm still on OS X 10.4.x Tiger here. I have no idea of the hierarchy of the system's folder structure.

Someone else will have to answer that one. Or you can reach Timmy on his blog, there is an email link under the Contact tab.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I figured that out. I didn't know there are two "Library" directories on the machine. But now I'm having another minor problem. In the signature, I have an image I want to display (my userbar) and, although it shows up in Safari, it doesn't in Mail's composition window nor in the Sent folder view. Only the text in the signature appears.

Edit: A little tweaking of the HTML and it now works fine. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.