How do i convert WMV to quicktime??

Is there a program that does it?
thanks in advance!

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Install Flip4Mac

Alternative apps that may do the same thing are ffmpegx, visualhub, isquint, mpeg stream clip, etc etc

Reaction score
Yeah...Del is steering you in the right direction, Flip4Mac, or Visual Hub cost $$ for the conversion feature. You can convert in trial mode with F4M, but you only get a portion of the video until you buy the full version, but it *does* work well.

Another option is a site I just learned about that will convert stuff for you, but I have not tried it. Called Media-Convert, http://www.media-convert.com/.

Reaction score
wmv to quicktime

How do i convert WMV to quicktime??

Is there a program that does it?
thanks in advance!

WMV, such a popular video format for Windows users, is not supported by Mac-based applications and devices. In order to play WMV videos in QuickTime, you need to convert WMV to QuickTime MOV video format.
I use iDealshare Videogo to convert WMV to QuickTime support MOV.
:D

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I do a lot of video conversion from and to different formats. I have found Smart Converter Pro 2 to be excellent for batch conversion and all formats and media types ie. music, video. It has an easy to use customizable user interface with search and drag and drop options as well as easy to set destination options which allow you to convert to a external drive. There is a free version but I think it is limited to a few formats only but that definitely includes Quicktime.
If you do a lot of this as I do it's worth investing in the paid version. Both are available on the App Store.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Bergercliff:

Zombie Alert!

Nothing like bringing a 9 year old post up from the grave. If you brought up that old post just to advertise your app, we will ban you from these forums. No advertising allowed without permission from the staff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.