Airport dropping connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
I have a Netgear wireless router connected to my mac via airport. Over the past week it has been dropping the connection.
The connection is fine, a full signal bar - for approx 20 - 30 seconds, then it loses the signal completely. About ten to twenty seconds later, the connection signal is full again.

I have tried changing my router settings (changing the port, moving it to another part of the house) and have had no luck. I also wiped the network setting from the mac and started over, still no luck there.

I have also tried doing a diagnostic test, but my mac tells me everything is fine.
I am using firefox (i have also tried using safari, the same happens), all my versions are up to date.

Can anyone help me out here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Have you tried running software update? I no people were having issues with this before apple released a fix so make sure you run software update from the apple in the top left of the screen and get all the updates to the system.

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
It's the latest update. It worked fine before I updated it....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz ALU MacBook
My Powerbook G4 is doing the exact same thing. It's never done this before, my Macbook Pro has no problems on the same wireless network. All software is up to date. Any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.