iChat 100 cpu usage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo penryn, 2 gb ram, 250 gb harddrive, gma x3100 Feb 2008
hello all

i have a black macbook 2.4 2gb ram 250 gb hardrive and i noticed my processor was running at about 80 % usage on istat pro with just ichat and itunes opened. Then in activity monitor it showed ichat using 100% cpu usage. i force quit it and the same problem happened again. The macbook is 1 week old. what does this mean?

thank you

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo penryn, 2 gb ram, 250 gb harddrive, gma x3100 Feb 2008
i also have some pics but dont know how to post them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2.5 gb ram, 80 gb hd, 120 gb external drive,10.5...8 gb iPod Touch
Quit Process

Yeah, I've had that problem a few times already. I'm on a macbook too. What I do is go to Activity Monitor and quit the process. After ichat closes, I restart it and its back to normal. As for posting pictures, I just sign up for photobucket or embed the pictures in your post with the insert image icon. Hope that helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.