About this Mac> "more info" button not clickable?

Reaction score
I'm using 10.4.11, mbpro and when I click on "about this mac" from the apple menu it brings up the appropriate screen providing info on processor, memory, startup disk...

However, the "more info" button is not clickable. I need to get info on my system! This is a new problem, it has worked for me in the past.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of such a problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Go to Applications > System Utilities > System Profiler

That's what the "More Info" button opens

Reaction score
more info button for about this Mac not working stopping me from knowing my macs spec

I've got the same problem I've just noticed this. Yeath I was previously able to get all the technical data about My Macbook Pro with out having to look on the box that I bought it in from the Apple store by clicking on about this Mac located in the left hand corner of the upper screen after clicking on the apple icon. Now when I click on about this Mac I'm no longer able to get detailed info about my Mac by clicking the more info button. I have to now look on to the technical info found on the side of the box that I purchased the Macbook Pro in. Please some one help me I got this problem too. I'm running Mac OS X version 10.5.8 on an intel chip Mac with a 2.6 GHZ core 2 duo

I got 4GB of Ram installed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try running Repair Permissions and advise if there is any change.

Reaction score
i had this same problem to. if you have the mac tracker app downloaded then this button will not work. once i deleted mine it worked again

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
i had this same problem to. if you have the mac tracker app downloaded then this button will not work. once i deleted mine it worked again

That's not true. Mactracker has nothing whatsoever to do with the "more info" option. I and many others use Mactracker every day and it has never interfered with "more info". Something else was going on with your machine but it wasn't Mactracker's fault.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.