iMac setup and dimensions

Reaction score
We have decided to switch our upgrade from our sluggish powerbook to the new 24" imac and giving the macbook pro a miss. Our problem is that we want to incorporate a set up in the living room and we have chosen a glass console table on which to stand the imac. It fits in along the dining table and we are going for a wireless keyboard/mouse etc and hope to keep the whole setup minimill. It goes with the whole contemporary look and we don't want a large desk, not that one would fit!

The table is 40cm in depth( with a liitle give from the wall too) and I am wondering if this is going to be okay with a 24" imac on, sat at an angle.

Would someone be kind enough to measure their imac depth, stand and offset of the screen and post it up here so we can see if the table is going to be sufficiently deep enough to accommodate the setup.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
It takes exactly 37cm from the back of the iMac stand, to the edge of the table in the front (including keyboard and a little breathing room). And I have the old iMac, the new one is much slimmer (although mine's the 20" one). I think it should be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.