Logic Pro 7 For Mac Books

Reaction score
im just about to get my first mac. i plan on using it for school work, internet and most of all creating music using logic pro 7.

at the moment im at college and use mini macs with the logic pro 7. the software runs ok.. but can be sluggish and freezing tracks takes ages arghh.

im wondering whether the mac book will give me this trouble. im gonna get the highest spec mac book with the 2GHZ. i know theres the mac book pros but im limited to a budget of about a £1000. (the mac books cost around £899 mac book pros about £1,399)

i checked the specs and the only difference's seem to be a very slightly fast prosessor 2.13ghz rather that the 2ghz. the better graphics card and tiny bit larger screen. or do these really make the difference???

anything else i should know thats different?

i'd just like to know if logic runs ok on mac books. i dont really wanna waste money on somethin poor

any help please much appreciated:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
The macbook will be fine for basic work in logic express, but for really intensive multitrack projects, you will not get a computer in your budget that will work with them smoothly. Powermacs and MacPros are your only option for good playback of many track projects.

Kilo: People here are volunteers and answer questions on their own time. Do not bump threads and especially threads that are less then 5 minutes old. People will see the thread and answer the question on their own time.

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for that

one last thing please

is the mac books performance on logic better than the mini mac's
if its the smae i could probbaly work with it till i upgrade

Reaction score
Kilo: People here are volunteers and answer questions on their own time. Do not bump threads and especially threads that are less then 5 minutes old. People will see the thread and answer the question on their own time.

O...k

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
thanks for that

one last thing please

is the mac books performance on logic better than the mini mac's
if its the smae i could probbaly work with it till i upgrade

It depends on the mini.. If your using a mini g4, the the macbook will run faster, if your running a core duo mini, the the performance will most likely be the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
It depends on the mini.. If your using a mini g4, the the macbook will run faster, if your running a core duo mini, the the performance will most likely be the same.

but you can upgrade the mini if you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.