First Hardware Refresh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have to politely disagree with you on that one. Many people in other forums have called me an idiot for my predictions but I feel like mine make sense, at least somewhat. I would predict that iPad 2 will be announced either this Fall or Winter 2011. I say this because Apple has been very "hush-hush" about iOS 4 on iPad and while they could just be keeping it quiet until they are fully done with it, I believe they could also be planning it's announcement alongside a refreshed iPad. If iPad 2 isn't announced this Fall, it will definitely be announced Winter 2011. Plus, Steve Jobs gave a very subtle hint at his WWDC Keynote when he said that Apple will sell "something-million FACETIME DEVICES" this year. "Devices" wouldn't be used if he were speaking only about iPhone 4. The only other possibility is iPod Touch, but that has no camera as of right now, so to expect a front-facing camera by this Fall on it would be foolish. That's just my prediction!

I for one am inclined to agree with you. It seems a bit odd to me that they are holding off iOS4 for the iPad until the fall. A modest refresh in time for the Christmas shopping season would help push sales further while throwing Apple's competitors completely off guard as they are scrambling to catch up with the first iteration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I for one am inclined to agree with you. It seems a bit odd to me that they are holding off iOS4 for the iPad until the fall. A modest refresh in time for the Christmas shopping season would help push sales further while throwing Apple's competitors completely off guard as they are scrambling to catch up with the first iteration.

This year for a product refresh. That'd make a product cycle of 6 months. And that's just insane. You annoy a lot of current ipad owners. Sure it's the price you pay for being an early adopter. But even I think 6 months after is way to soon.

And I think the face time devices is more to do with an ipod touch update to have a good camera and retina display. And not to do with the ipad for the time being. Next year though I can see an ipad refresh being a much better move.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
This year for a product refresh. That'd make a product cycle of 6 months. And that's just insane. You annoy a lot of current ipad owners. Sure it's the price you pay for being an early adopter. But even I think 6 months after is way to soon.

What's really sad is that every company but Apple can do this and not cause an uproar. Heck... HTC alone is putting out a new android phone... what.. every 2 months? 3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Except when you consider that iOS 4 multi-tasking (which is a huge benefit on the iPad platform), performs tons better with 512MB RAM instead of the 256MB the currently units have.

In the end, if I were Apple, I'd err on the side of providing a better experience, even if it annoys people who may have bought one already.

Apple could easily sell both models potentially, the original at a lower price and a new one with more RAM. Just like they still sell the iPhone 3GS with the iPhone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Well folks, it seems that I turned against my own opinion (lol!). I bought an iPad 16GB WiFi model, and absolutely love it! Although unlike many current iPad owners, I would love to see a new iPad by Christmas time. But we'll see. You never really know with Apple!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.