• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Xbo360 for Powerbook 17"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Hey everyone, I have a xbox360 bundle consiting of a core system ($300) extra controller ($40), Harddrive ($100), memory unit ($40), and 4 games ($240). Someone wants to trade a 17" powerbook g4 1.67ghz. He says he got it through ebay. He says it's in great condition and he just wants to get an xbox360 quick and has no use for his mac. Does this seem reasonable? Or could it be a scam. It just seems to good to be true.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Hey everyone, I have a xbox360 bundle consiting of a core system ($300) extra controller ($40), Harddrive ($100), memory unit ($40), and 4 games ($240). Someone wants to trade a 17" powerbook g4 1.67ghz. He says he got it through ebay. He says it's in great condition and he just wants to get an xbox360 quick and has no use for his mac. Does this seem reasonable? Or could it be a scam. It just seems to good to be true.

Any thoughts?

can you test the mac? can you get the mac first to make sure it is in working order?

Reaction score
I would go check it out in person if that's possible.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It does sound almost too good to be true, but there are some people who dislike Macs so much that you never know. I agree , check it out if you can in person.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.