Problem with the screen / monitor tightness

Reaction score
Hey all!
I have recently purchased a Macbook pro, and I have noticed that my monitor is too soft. When I have the monitor up it slowly moves without any touch. I am in Brazil, I went to the authorized dealer here, but they wanted to keep the computer for 2 days to "fix" it... while I understand it-s just a matter of adjusting the tightness of the monitor, a 10 minute job... I felt that they wanted to take that long to make it seem that the problem is complex to solve, and then justify an expensive charge...
Does any1 know how I can ajust the tightness of my monitor?
cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Hey all!
I have recently purchased a Macbook pro, and I have noticed that my monitor is too soft. When I have the monitor up it slowly moves without any touch. I am in Brazil, I went to the authorized dealer here, but they wanted to keep the computer for 2 days to "fix" it... while I understand it-s just a matter of adjusting the tightness of the monitor, a 10 minute job... I felt that they wanted to take that long to make it seem that the problem is complex to solve, and then justify an expensive charge...
Does any1 know how I can ajust the tightness of my monitor?
cheers

First of all, it's rarely a "10 minute job" to take apart a laptop, any laptop. They're tiny and hard to work with. Perhaps a 30 minute job, if you're experienced and have the proper tools and workspace. If you like, you can review the process for the old MacBook Pro. It's definitely not a ten-minute job.

The most likely reason you have to wait two days is that there are dozens of people who have already dropped their computers off to be fixed. You'll have to wait until it's your turn.

Second, if you just bought it, it's under warranty, right? So there won't be an expensive charge no matter how difficult it is. If you do it yourself, you may break something, and that would be expensive.

Reaction score
As you have said that you purchased this one recently than this mean that your mac is under warranty and it seems to me that this one is manufacture defects. So they should not charge any money for the repair (You better ask them and should mention on the receipt of computer)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.