Driver install for HP Photosmart 7550 printer

D

dkopp1961

Hello everyone,

I posted this on the switcher hangout but got no response, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me.

I just received my new Powerbook last week and I absolutely love it, can't believe it took me this long to switch!
I have everything working, networked just fine through a 3com wireless router. My question is the printer, I have it working OK, but it seems a little sluggish. I downloaded the drivers from HP for the OSX and had to install the whole program because the drivers alone were not available. When I go to the printer utility setup there is no where I can find to install the drivers specific to my printer. I have it working through a default Gimp HP, but like I said it is a little slow to print. Anyone ever had this problem? I searched the forum and could not find anything relative.

The only minor complaint I have is that the cursor sometimes jumps a little when clicking. I read about this but it is really not that big of a deal because I am usually using my Logitech MX900 mouse, which many of you recommended and I absolutely love. I am somewhat of a perfectionist though and wonder if a simple driver update in the future might just do the trick. I hate to send this back for such a minor glitch, I would be lost without it!

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, thank you in advance for your time.

Reaction score
I have the MAC OS HP original disc,,U can have it.

Hello everyone,

I posted this on the switcher hangout but got no response, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me.

I just received my new Powerbook last week and I absolutely love it, can't believe it took me this long to switch!
I have everything working, networked just fine through a 3com wireless router. My question is the printer, I have it working OK, but it seems a little sluggish. I downloaded the drivers from HP for the OSX and had to install the whole program because the drivers alone were not available. When I go to the printer utility setup there is no where I can find to install the drivers specific to my printer. I have it working through a default Gimp HP, but like I said it is a little slow to print. Anyone ever had this problem? I searched the forum and could not find anything relative.

The only minor complaint I have is that the cursor sometimes jumps a little when clicking. I read about this but it is really not that big of a deal because I am usually using my Logitech MX900 mouse, which many of you recommended and I absolutely love. I am somewhat of a perfectionist though and wonder if a simple driver update in the future might just do the trick. I hate to send this back for such a minor glitch, I would be lost without it!

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, thank you in advance for your time.

I have been looking for the 7550 equivalent driver for Vista. ( I hate it!) But I love this printer. I am an IT consultant and my wife breeds and trains horses so we use the 4x6 optio for the DNA paperwork. soo, looking through all my OEMsoftware bins I thought :eureka!" I have found it. I was dropping it in the drive when I noticed "MAC OS " If you want it I will drop it in the mail just to help out.

Rick
606 798 1218

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.