iCalendar (on iMAC) posts wrong times

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a duplicate, my first message seems to have disappeared. When I accept invites to my iMAC calendar all save to the wrong time (an hour later than they are scheduled). And some disappear. I was using iCloud calendar then tried Google calendar but both have the same problem. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure the current date and time are set correctly on your iMac and that you're setup for daylight savings time. (should be automatic) System Preferences, Date & Time. Also check to see if you're using the correct time zone for your location. If you're using the wrong time zone that would cause the one hour error.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks very much. Unfortunately, I did all of the things you recommended - DST, Date and Time and time zone. It still doesn't work. And I updated all of the above on my iPhone, my iPad and my iMAC - all 3 share the calendar. Any other advice?

M

MacInWin

In Calendar/Preferences/Advanced, is the Turn on time zone support box checked or not? According to Apple, the description of that option is, "Change the time zone for all events in the top-right corner of Calendar, and choose a different time zone for individual events." I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I tested that if that box is ticked and you have a time zone in the upper right corner of Calendar, that the appointments will now show in THAT timezone, not yours. So if that upper right display is off by one timezone, your meetings will show for THAT zone.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good catch Jake. I remember another fellow who had that checked and his calendars were off by the number of hours difference for the time zone he had chosen.

M

MacInWin

Heh! Been there, done that, got the scars...just a matter of remembering which scar goes with which "adventure."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPro mid 2012, 2.7Gh Intel i7, OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite, 16Gb, iPhone 5, iPad, Windows laptops
similar/different calendar issue

I use the time zone support option since some weeks I travel to another time zone and click into my calendar in that time zone. Works great but my question/issue is this...

When I set up an appointment/meeting the dialog box to enter the event, location, time, etc. comes up always in GMT instead of the set time zone, there is a floating time zone option but I don't know how to set the floating time zone option AS DEFAULT so I don't always have to select a time zone or think in GMT.

Any ideas how to set the default setting from GMT to floating?

Thx for any suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" M2 running Sonoma 14.0
Thanks very much. Unfortunately, I did all of the things you recommended - DST, Date and Time and time zone. It still doesn't work. And I updated all of the above on my iPhone, my iPad and my iMAC - all 3 share the calendar. Any other advice?

When I create an event on my MBP calendar it arbitrarily sets the time usually between 8am to 5pm. I have to manually click on the incorrect time and am given the option to replace it. This may not be the best solution but it works. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.