iPhone 5 battery

Reaction score
I have had my iPhone 5 for a week now and I am concerned about how quickly the battery runs down. I have switched off just about everything in the background but between midnight and midday today the battery has run down by 26% and I haven't even used it. Does anyone out there consider this to be normal or do I have dodgy battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If there's nothing running and you genuinely haven't used it then that's not right.

Do a hard reboot (hold sleep/wake & home until the screen goes black and the apple logo appears).
Charge the phone to 100% then put it to sleep. Check it an hour intervals.

However if you're still get notifications, emails, text messages etc then I'd say a 1-2% drop per hour is as expected

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Bluetooth and iCloud backups would be another area to look at.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. I'll give the hard re boot a try and report back, thanks again.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hard re boot appears to have worked. Battery performance much improved!! Very grateful thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sounds like a 'rogue' app still using CPU.

Glad it's sorted for you

Reaction score
Apple has a long history of battery problms in its products, and it looks like the iPhone 5 is no different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple has a long history of battery problms in its products, and it looks like the iPhone 5 is no different.

No more than anyone else but where they do reign supreme is in hours of use before needing a charge versus the competition.

C

chas_m

Actually, it doesn't have a long history of battery problems at all. Dunno why you made that up, but if you want to talk battery problems, let's talk Sony. Or Dell. Or HP.

Also, you may not have noticed but a simple reset fixed the issue. I would hardly call this a "problem," would you?

Reaction score
I upgraded last week from a 3gs, and while the iPhone 5 uses a bit more juice I'm still getting a day+ use out of a single charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Things to keep in mind when upgrading to an iPhone 5 LTE will consume more battery than 4G/3G.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.