Mail - how to add a lot of addys fast?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
I'm getting some group emails and I want to create a new group in my address book. So far I've add to individual ones one at a time and then create a group and then drap them in one at a time...And by then I can't always find them in the looong list...

So I'm sure I'm doing this the hard way...Is there a better way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
EDITING ENTIRE POST: You need to open a "New" Mail message. Then open address book... Then Hold he command Key (APPLE key) while clicking each contact you want to send the email to ( they will each become highlighted)... then Click and drag the selected contacts to the "TO:" portion of the New Message. Viola!

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EDITING ENTIRE POST: You need to open a "New" Mail message. Then open address book... Then Hold he command Key (APPLE key) while clicking each contact you want to send the email to ( they will each become highlighted)... then Click and drag the selected contacts to the "TO:" portion of the New Message. Viola!

good advice, that worked pretty well. I had to open the address book and then dragged and dropped everything into it. It won't go directly into the dock. The best way was to create a group for it first. Then Click on the group so it's open and then select and drag and drop the names in the the middle column (where the names in a group are normally listed. Then I went in and added the actual names (the email addys were the only part that copies). Overall, not bad, 60+ addys and the whole thing prob took 10 minutes, while watching TV.

thanks again.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Whoops, I replied before seeing your revised post. However, how would what your saying get them into the address book?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Ok... I understand what you are asking now... open the Address book... Open the Message that has multiple addy's... Hold APPLE + SHIFT and click on the first address on he list... then still holding SHIFT+ APPLE Click the last address.. this will select ALL addresses in between the two selections.... then drag/drop them into your address book...

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok... I understand what you are asking now... open the Address book... Open the Message that has multiple addy's... Hold APPLE + SHIFT and click on the first address on he list... then still holding SHIFT+ APPLE Click the last address.. this will select ALL addresses in between the two selections.... then drag/drop them into your address book...

Yep, that's what I did, which worked. I'm surprised that there isn't some instructions that are readily avail to do this. in general, I find the apple help screens to be pretty unhelpful...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.