• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Default Paint Application

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
OS X is still lacking one. What do you think the OS X version of paint would be like? Now before people start telling me to get Photoshop, sometimes users want a simple application for performing very basic image editing... Am I the only one that feels apple should bundle something in? Discuss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
apple doesn't need to, if you really want it you can get applications for free or you can pay for them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
OS X is still lacking one. Am I the only one that feels apple should bundle something in?

yeah, your probably the only one... sorry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
apple doesnt need to bundle a simple paint program with there OS, there are plenty of free Apps that do that you can download from the interweb. that way you can choose the program for you without haveing one on your computer your never going to uses anyways

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I use seashore. Its sort of like photoshop but not as many features just basic things. :) Sorry I don't have the link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
OP
mpeters13
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
I use seashore. Its sort of like photoshop but not as many features just basic things. :) Sorry I don't have the link

omg... what is this? an objective response and not a flame? I fear the dawn of a new macforums era. Thank you for your suggestion.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And if you are use to Photoshop, there is GimpShop (lots of links out there, and also free) which has had the menu structure of Gimp modified to closely resemble Photoshop and was initially done for Mac OS X.

And, no don't think Apple needs to include one either with all the freeware out. After 13 yrs on windows machines, don't think i used Paint 13 times.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
it would be a nice but if there are many free for download (some on the apple website) or if you need better people either already have it, buy it or steal it.

I use ChocoFlop its not too bad, but does more than the basics for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.