What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
I recently finished college and really need to get a job in web design.. Only as a Junior (to start) of course..

So I made this (http://www.evolewtion.co.uk) website, and sent out e-mails to all the local web design companies..

Would you give me a job? :p
O:)

Reaction score
Not too bad.

You might need to showcase some more web design items if you have them. Sometimes resumes are good for a portfolio site also.

Good luck.

Reaction score
There are a few spelling and grammar errors on the splash page and in an animation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you asked for our opinion so please dont be offended if i come off harsh on this one

you need more professional and proper use of words...eg "ooze" is not a good one at all....you are basically saying "this page sucks, but you should hire me anyway" does that sound appealing to an employer? no.

use positive re-inforcing words and terms such as, work in progress, proficient, familiar in....., im enthusiastic about, i love, and many many more....

this whole section is horrible! it starts with a sentence fragment followed by a double period. you want to show attention to detail, so make sure that every little detail you have down is perfect
I have also recently been learning about Databases again.. I successfully created one and asked several of my friends to fill out an online form I created, the databse was then updated with their information. All I need to do now is to get the results displayed on a webpage.

As I say I really am passionate about web design and a lot of my ideas didnt actually get finished so I have been forced to show you a few of the more complete ones. This does not however mean that they are the best, in fact the photo manipulation part was a bit shoddy in my opinion, but it was finished.

a rewrite should have parts like this: i have been learning databases over the past few months (either in class or by book tell them how you been learning it) and blablabla. Several people(not friends) have filled it out and the publishing of the results to a webpage is still in development, i expect it to be published by (insert date).

I am extremely passionate about web design and wish to make it my life long commitment. (your next sentences then state that you have a difficult time finishing anything!) change them to something like: these are a few of my ideas which are waiting proper implementation on a website and before their launch need to be adapted to their specific environment. or something like that

ill move to content, some of the flash stuff was slow and im pretty sure i closed them all out(including your webpage) before anything really happened. i'd make all the links open a new window so that if they x out the flash they arent gone from your site. also finish them up, add some music, and speed up the pace of them all a bit.

i think the web section is your strongest point on the page, put it on top so they get "wow"'d by it first. Also, explain each category a bit more using technical terms appropriate to what you had to do. eg with the photo manip one where you added the dude, or girl. drop some bombs about multiple layers, shading, altering the colors, feathering, laso tool, and everything else you ahd to do to it to show that you arent just some hack throwin some stuff together with some guesswork.

i just noticed this as well. whats your name!???? your name should be on the very top in one million point font if you gotta. who are you? where you come from? how about a bio on yourself? you go to university? you have a degree? you workin on a degree? still in HS? i realized this when i saw your contact page. so say i want you to do some work, so i call your mobile phone....who do i ask for? "hey is that evoLewtion Designs guy there?"

long story short: its good, but it also needs some work

good luck on your journey brother
-chris

OP
Lewwy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
you asked for our opinion so please dont be offended if i come off harsh on this one

you need more professional and proper use of words...eg "ooze" is not a good one at all....you are basically saying "this page sucks, but you should hire me anyway" does that sound appealing to an employer? no.

use positive re-inforcing words and terms such as, work in progress, proficient, familiar in....., im enthusiastic about, i love, and many many more....

this whole section is horrible! it starts with a sentence fragment followed by a double period. you want to show attention to detail, so make sure that every little detail you have down is perfect

a rewrite should have parts like this: i have been learning databases over the past few months (either in class or by book tell them how you been learning it) and blablabla. Several people(not friends) have filled it out and the publishing of the results to a webpage is still in development, i expect it to be published by (insert date).

I am extremely passionate about web design and wish to make it my life long commitment. (your next sentences then state that you have a difficult time finishing anything!) change them to something like: these are a few of my ideas which are waiting proper implementation on a website and before their launch need to be adapted to their specific environment. or something like that

ill move to content, some of the flash stuff was slow and im pretty sure i closed them all out(including your webpage) before anything really happened. i'd make all the links open a new window so that if they x out the flash they arent gone from your site. also finish them up, add some music, and speed up the pace of them all a bit.

i think the web section is your strongest point on the page, put it on top so they get "wow"'d by it first. Also, explain each category a bit more using technical terms appropriate to what you had to do. eg with the photo manip one where you added the dude, or girl. drop some bombs about multiple layers, shading, altering the colors, feathering, laso tool, and everything else you ahd to do to it to show that you arent just some hack throwin some stuff together with some guesswork.

i just noticed this as well. whats your name!???? your name should be on the very top in one million point font if you gotta. who are you? where you come from? how about a bio on yourself? you go to university? you have a degree? you workin on a degree? still in HS? i realized this when i saw your contact page. so say i want you to do some work, so i call your mobile phone....who do i ask for? "hey is that evoLewtion Designs guy there?"

long story short: its good, but it also needs some work

good luck on your journey brother
-chris

I love you.. Thanks for the constructive crit :)

Ill work on this stuff either tomorrow.. Be aware that I explained to several design companies who I was in a long e-mail, nevertheless I will deffo change the bio situation !

Thanks everyone !:Mischievous:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
in the description for the last thumbnail, you say that you lost interest in the project, i dont think potential employers would be drawn towards you if you say something like that, as if you are doing a project for a paying customer you cant just 'lose interest'

but ye nice clean simple webpage.

chrisgrieve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You need to think about the Photoshop section.

At the moment, you've tweaked a photo (so what), told us you like Macs (so what) and made a poor signature that took 2 seconds.

Sorry to sound harsh, but is there nothing else you've done with PS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
All the advice up above is critical for your success.

Do not be negative (in life, or on your webpage). It will definitely hurt your chances. Rather than saying your work "sucks", start to learn how to better it and mention that in the website. You could mention that you've picked up a book on ____ and learning how to implement ___ into the ____ to increase the appeal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
Picking hole

Like others have said, spelling and grammer are very poor (I'm one to talk!!), plus I think you are missing important parts of the whole web design idustry, which are e-commerce and search engine optimisation. Both of which are strong selling points to a clients and ergo a web design studios. It is not just case of making a good looking site, you need to show you understand what clients may need i.e. A e-commerce site needs to be viewable to dial-up, fast loading and full of keywords, with a clear layout and searchable. Maybe your C.V. site sould showcase differnt types of sites, aimed at different types of clients/users.
Richard
p.s.
Your icon/images on your C.V.site are not uniform with your text blocks and your headings 'flash' 'photoshop' also lack any layout control.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.