Do not disturb not working on iPhone 4/iOS6

Reaction score
Hi all. Was wondering if anyone else with a 4 is having an issue with do not disturb. I turned it on and set it to allow no incoming calls. I tested with my friend's phone and it rang right away. :eek: I even tried setting it to just favorites (which he isn't on) and it still rang. I was pretty excited about this feature until I tested it out. Oh joy. :x

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I can confirm what you are seeing on my iPhone 4 as well. The Do Not Disturb was initially set to favorites, which only contains my wife (how'd that happen!), and my work phone got through. The only way I could silence everything was to set it to No one..which kinda defeats the purpose I think...

OP
jotdess
Reaction score
I can confirm what you are seeing on my iPhone 4 as well. The Do Not Disturb was initially set to favorites, which only contains my wife (how'd that happen!), and my work phone got through. The only way I could silence everything was to set it to No one..which kinda defeats the purpose I think...

Ok, so it's not just me. However, even setting it to allow no calls, will still go through. At least for me. Anyone else?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Your iPhone has to be in the locked state for it to ignore calls. Otherwise it seems to ignore the Do Not Disturb settings because you obviously are using the phone and want to be disturbed as far as Apple is concerned..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Your iPhone has to be in the locked state for it to ignore calls. Otherwise it seems to ignore the Do Not Disturb settings because you obviously are using the phone and want to be disturbed as far as Apple is concerned..

hrm, smells like... defect! O:)

OP
jotdess
Reaction score

I just restarted the phone and it worked just fine. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.