Bought an unlocked iPhone

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought a 2g iphone off ebay. It said it was unlocked in the ad, which doesent really matter because i have att anyways. But here is my question, should I call att and tell them that i am usiing an iphone now and upgrade to an iphone data plan or is there a better way to do this? i dont want to screw myself by telling them i have an i phone seeing how it is unlocked ect. I know nothing about iphones so i need some help here. Also i am not sure if it is jailbroken....when i check under the "about" option it says it is running version 2.2.1 and it also has the installer and cydia apps, i am not sure what these are but i thought they were related to the jailbreak. Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Hey guys,

it also has the installer and cydia apps, i am not sure what these are but i thought they were related to the jailbreak. Any help would be great.

Yes it is jailbroken. If you don't want it that way you can do a complete restore and it will be back to factory.

Reaction score
You're probably going to want to restore that bad boy before taking it in to ATT or switching over to an iPhone plan...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.