Unable to use WiFi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
Over the last two days I have been unable to use my iPhone with my home Wifi.

In settings>wifi>choose a network, it is there and ticked with a full 3 bar blue signal. Yet when I try to use any apps or safari etc it goes back to 3G at best.

My home Mac and PC are working perfectly with the the home wifi and are running at over 6.0mbs.

I have tried on/off, on/off wifi, disable 3G etc. Still keep getting the same result no wifi.

Its a 16GB 3gs using iOS4 and has been perfectly fine even after I upgraded to the 4th operating system on day of release.

As always thanks in advance.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
Ps. The wifi connection with my iPod Touch is spot on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Do you get connected and it's just slow, or can you not connect to the wifi at all?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you get connected and it's just slow, or can you not connect to the wifi at all?

In the settings it says I'm connected to my home wifi network. When I come out of settings and back to the home screen I have no wifi signal indicator and it resort to 3G if I'm lucky but usually just plain edge in my area.

In the settings it shows i'm connected with a good strong signal (Tignes);

iphonewifisetting.png

Yet when I open an app that requires internat connection it's gone, as in this eBay app for instance;

nowifi.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.