Protemac Meter

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Has anyone here used? I just had to uninstall it from my MBP as it was grinding my machine to a halt - and actually prevented a normal shutdown and reboot.

I've just sent their support line a couple of notes. It's a shame really - the software has a great feature set. I should have done the free trial but I've gotten so used to everything I download for this machine working flawlessly. I've been spoiled I guess. I just shelled out the $30 assuming this would be no different. Lesson learned.

At any rate - I wouldn't recommend this SW, at least not for 10.6.7. I will update this if they come back with any solutions.

I'm glad my machine is back to its speedy self. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
For folks interested in more info...here's the link::)

Meter - network traffic logger

- Nick

Hehe - yeah - I guess that probably would have been a good idea to include - probably explains my sound defeat in the MOTM poll. LOL. Thanks for picking up my slack :Blushing:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hehe - yeah - I guess that probably would have been a good idea to include - probably explains my sound defeat in the MOTM poll. LOL. Thanks for picking up my slack :Blushing:

I actually had not heard of this program...so I went to check it out, and since I was already at the website...left the link.

Everyone in this months MoTM was certainly deserving.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.