Apple Mail on multiple Macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9
Hello,

I've set up Apple Mail to access the emails stored on my webmail server. Since the webmail uses POP3 and not IMAP, sent emails are stored locally on my Mac and are not "copied" to the sent messages folder of my webmail.

My question is: if I buy another Mac, will there be a way for me to have the same sent messages in Apple Mail on both Macs? I.e. if I send an email using Apple Mail from my first Mac, will there be a way to see it in the sent folder of Apple Mail on the other Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I use the same accounts on mine and I am able to see it on my MBP,iPad and iPhone.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The question arises is if you wish to sync the accounts. If so, you need IMAP; if not, the POP3 account will work fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I would like to know the answer to the OP question myself. I used Apple Mail mainly. I don't know a way to see the sent mail in the 'sent' folder in another computer or mail handler apps, unless I archive and export/import the folder. And it would be a separate folder from the 'sent' folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I guess I take for granted to always send myself a copy option when sending mail.

Reaction score
Basically GMail or (the much superior) MobileMe are your two main choices for IMAP.

I've been digging into this issue as well; for all sent/received mail to sync on multiple devices, do I have to use a new e-mail account?

I'm really hoping that I can:

1. Purchase a new MBA (today probably)
2. Migrate select stuff from my Windows machine (mail, preferences, library etc.)
3. Get all my mail folders syncing with my iP4
4. Purchase an iMac and then sync all three...

Will I be able to do this with MobileMe, while still using my existing 3 e-mail addresses?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.