Can a Macbook pro 13" base model run win7?

Reaction score
Run windows 7 using bootcamp? I really don't care about battery life i just wan't to be able to play this 2d side scrolling windows game.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, it can easily run Windows 7, either the 32 or 64 bit version. However, you need to take in consideration the graphics capability of the MBP 13" machine and weigh it against what games in Windows you intend to play. The MBP 13" uses an integrated graphics chipset which shares memory with the system.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, it can easily run Windows 7, either the 32 or 64 bit version. However, you need to take in consideration the graphics capability of the MBP 13" machine and weigh it against what games in Windows you intend to play. The MBP 13" uses an integrated graphics chipset which shares memory with the system.

it's a 2d side scrolling mmorpg other wise called maplestory. It should be able run it find, i mean underspecs it says windows 98 can run it hahah. My other question is, in windows 7 mode can i hook up a pc keyboard to my macbook pro so i can have pc keyboard options? Like page up page down etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
it's a 2d side scrolling mmorpg other wise called maplestory. It should be able run it find, i mean underspecs it says windows 98 can run it hahah. My other question is, in windows 7 mode can i hook up a pc keyboard to my macbook pro so i can have pc keyboard options? Like page up page down etc

That should work fine. I hooked up a Windoze keyboard back in the day when Quake Live came out. After getting killed 27 consecutive times in a row I thought it would be a good idea to smash the 10 dollar Keytronic keyboard than the one one my MBP.

OP
S
Reaction score
That should work fine. I hooked up a Windoze keyboard back in the day when Quake Live came out. After getting killed 27 consecutive times in a row I thought it would be a good idea to smash the 10 dollar Keytronic keyboard than the one one my MBP.

haha thats hilarious man, well I will let you guys know how it runs on friday when i pick up my windows 7. Thanks for your help.

OP
S
Reaction score
1 more question, is it possible to hook up my MBP in windows mode to my Vizio tv? I'm trying to go all out so I can sit on my bed with a keyboard and play this game hahah.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Like chscag stated previously, as long as the specs are fairly low and you meet and/or exceed them you should be just fine. Let us know how it goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.