Craigslist problem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
So I just switched from a pc to a mac and I am always on craigslist. But today I found out that when I email a craigslist ad to myself from the craigslist site, I never get it in my email!! Is this something with the internet security options? This is super annoying because if I want to send an ad to my email I have to find it on my iPhone and send it to my email from there. I would like to just be browsing craigslist and be bale to send myself an ad rather than doing it on my phone. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I don't know the reason for your issue. But I can tell you that I am unable to post things for sale on Craigslist using my Mac. I have to go in the office, turn on the Dell and do it from there. It will let me go through the entire process on the Mac, but when it comes to finalizing the post I've created, it just "craps out" for lack of a better term. Been like this for over a year now. *shrug* Maybe it's something the people over at Craigslist can work on improving.

Reaction score
Have you tried Firefox instead? Some sites don't work well with Safari.

Reaction score
really adhere strictly to web standards.

There, fixed that for you. :)

LOL, I would love to agree with you but if we always stuck to that "standard" the WEB would be a boring place. ;D

The good news is that it is not that hard to fire off a different browser for things like that. Heck, I have to have windows just to get to my work intranet. No other browser will work.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hmm yeah I am able to post ads, just not send them to my email, strange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2016 13in 4 Thunderbolt Ports 3.3GHz I7 16 GB Ram
This doesn't solve your problem, but why not take a 'screenshot' of the add and then attach it to an email and send it to yourself?

Larry H

Reaction score
There must be something particular to your situation. Sending email to myself from Craigslist works fine for me (Safari/Mail.app/.Mac addy)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Works here also - just clicked on the 'email this posting to a friend' and entered my address in both fields

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I have no problems doing any of the above tasks from my Macbook.

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.