• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

scariest film

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
What is everyones film that most scares them?
mine is The Exorcist not because the film its self is scary
but because of this face lingering in my mind at night.

Its such a great film thats lived through time.

What are all your favourites?

Reaction score
The only movie that ever really scared the crap put of me was the Ring. It scared me so much that I was actually afraid of the dark for a few weeks, and sometimes still am. Also, I never saw the sequal and I avoid it like the plague when it comes on TV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
the ring to was the worst movie ever, it wasnt scary at all, and i find a lot of stuff scary. when i was young i couldnt even watch are you affraid of the dark.

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
the ring i didnt find scary
the ring 2 was worse, went to see it in the cinema
she possess's the kid
the ring girl

ring was wasnt all it was cracked up to be
neither was donnie darko

exorcism of emily rose was good

i want to see exorcist 2 the heretic and the 3rd one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
This is one of the creepiest snippets i've ever seen. It's actually a music video for one of my fav artists, aphex twin. When i first saw it it made me shiver.
The freaky stuff starts about 60 seconds into it. NSFW there's some language.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7382676545570345084

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
Exorcism of Emily Rose...
I don't get scared by movies really, but movies that send a shiver up my spine at times I love and this one did for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Dawn of the dead was the first scary movie i saw. I had nightmares.

I loved amityville horror(the new one), and also, the exorcism of emily rose was an awesome movie to see with my g/f!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
ring was wasnt all it was cracked up to be
neither was donnie darko

donnie darko wasnt meant to be scary... its a great movie! my top 5 for sure.

exorcism of emily rose def scared the poo out of me. gotta admit the ring scared me, but its usually afterwards that i get scared- like when my tv would go snowy aaaaaaagh god i would run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Crossroads

Hearing Joan Jett being butchered like that scared the crap out of me.

M

MacHeadCase

I used to love watching monster movies like Frankenstein and Dracula and be scared outta my wits. To me, the closet at the foot of my bed had monsters in them and they waited till the lights were out to come out and grab me. Luckily for me, my blankets were magical so I only had to pop my head under the covers and I was safe.

The movie that changed all that for me, that took horror movies to a new level was Alien.

Exorcist was a doozy too, having been raised as a Catholic, it rang all the right bells.

But definitely Alien.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Call me old fashioned, but the original Night of The Living Dead is a timeless horror classic that is still creepy. The Shining was also pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini core duo 1.83 Gz
Reaction score
The Ring is not a bit scary to me. Do you know that the Ring is actually adapted from a Japanese Horror film classic, the original really scares the crap out of me. I love the Shining, it's not very scary but I just love the idea. I find a lot of films that I would avoid when they are played on TV though. The scariest movie I've ever seen is a film about a Doll being alive and killing people, anyone remember the name?

Reaction score
Pink Flamingos by John Waters

That movie cracked the foundations of my Catholic upbringing and nearly freaked my sensibilities right out, almost to the PONR!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.