Does Anyone Know How to Do This?? (im sure someone does!)

Reaction score
Ok im creating a myspace....(dont make fun of me pls haha)

and i would really like to give it sort of a "Scrapbook" feeling

does anyone know how i would make something like this??

basically i want to incorporate graphics such as tape on pictures, polaroids, bulletin boards, thumb tacks etc.

heres an excellent example of what im talking about..

aboutmepicscopy2jx5.jpg

creativefanpic2copyqi1.jpg

darfurmyspacecollage1gu7.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
To do all that stuff you are going to have to use Flash along with CSS to add it to your Myspace profile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Ugh, why do that on MySpace? MySpace is utter garbage...ok so maybe that's just my personal opinion, but still.

You obviously have talent. Why not host your own site or build one on .Mac?

BTW, awesome music. You should figure out how to get it into the iTunes store :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Ugh, why do that on MySpace? MySpace is utter garbage...ok so maybe that's just my personal opinion, but still.

You obviously have talent. Why not host your own site or build one on .Mac?

BTW, awesome music. You should figure out how to get it into the iTunes store :)

myspace is an awesome vehicle to get your stuff heard...its free publicity/exposure

i think u misunderstood though, the pics i posted are not of my work and are not of me.
why would i ask u guys how to do it if it was? :p

OP
M
Reaction score
To do all that stuff you are going to have to use Flash along with CSS to add it to your Myspace profile.

Flash? where would flash come into the picture...
what is CSS?

i just plan on saving it as a jpeg image and embedding it onto the profile i dont think i have to do anything fancy...

i just dont know HOW to create something like that..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
IMHO Myspace is the realm of pedophiles and clueless teens without any sense of good style.

But to each their own ;)

M

MacHeadCase

I have to agree with schweb. When someone gives me a MySpace URL, either I don't go there or have a negative preconception towards what I'm going to look at simply because of all the bad vibes/immaturity/bad publicity coming from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Flash? where would flash come into the picture...
what is CSS?

i just plan on saving it as a jpeg image and embedding it onto the profile i dont think i have to do anything fancy...

i just dont know HOW to create something like that..

First of all,

How do you plan on your page to look? Are you going to keep the general Myspace layout and add those images or do you want it to just look like the scrapbook and nothing else?

OP
M
Reaction score
First of all,

How do you plan on your page to look? Are you going to keep the general Myspace layout and add those images or do you want it to just look like the scrapbook and nothing else?

basically i would have the default myspace layout...but it would have elements of a scrapbook in it...

like under "favorite music" list instead of posting a pictures of my favorite album that i linked from amazon.com or something (which alot of people do lol) i would have a graphic of tickets from that artist's concert with a piece of tape stuck on the corner etc. etc.

you can visit this guy's myspace to get a very rough idea of what i mean.

http://www.myspace.com/joebrooksmusic

(this is where i got the pics from)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
basically i would have the default myspace layout...but it would have elements of a scrapbook in it...

like under "favorite music" list instead of posting a pictures of my favorite album that i linked from amazon.com or something (which alot of people do lol) i would have a graphic of tickets from that artist's concert with a piece of tape stuck on the corner etc. etc.

you can visit this guy's myspace to get a very rough idea of what i mean.

http://www.myspace.com/joebrooksmusic

(this is where i got the pics from)
Ah I see what your talking about now. :)

Sorry I was confused, a lot of people have scrapbook style pages on Myspace but they are flash and css was used to customize the page so it looked nothing like Myspace. I guess I should of asked first. :)

You need a photo editing program, that's all I know. I'm pretty sure there are like photoshop templates but I don't know where to find them.

Reaction score
Ah I see what your talking about now. :)

Sorry I was confused, a lot of people have scrapbook style pages on Myspace but they are flash and css was used to customize the page so it looked nothing like Myspace. I guess I should of asked first. :)

You need a photo editing program, that's all I know. I'm pretty sure there are like photoshop templates but I don't know where to find them.

I'm curious, how does one use CSS/Flash to create pages on myspace that do not adhere to the default layout? Are there any good tutorials out there? I have a decent understanding of programming in general but my knowledge of html/css syntax is lacking and I haven't used flash since, oh, 2000?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm curious, how does one use CSS/Flash to create pages on myspace that do not adhere to the default layout? Are there any good tutorials out there? I have a decent understanding of programming in general but my knowledge of html/css syntax is lacking and I haven't used flash since, oh, 2000?
I am not quite sure but I know it involves CSS and DIV overlays. Flash isn't necessary of course but it can be a nice touch if used. I Googled and found this which seemed to be the most helpful:

http://www.squidoo.com/myspace_div_overlay/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dude, that site is awesome thanks!! i never even knew about divs. what exactly are they?
Your welcome. To be honest though, I'm not quite exactly sure what they are. ;)

Reaction score
Hope this helps

The mosaic you see is most likely done with photoshop. More than likely the person who designed that either had some very good photo art off of the internet or took some pictures with a digital camera. They then took them apart and tweaked all the images and through them together as you see. If the image I saw was actually interactive, then, yes CSS and flash were definately involved. CSS is a script language used a long side or instead of HTML. MySpace was built around CSS that's why it's so popular, because it's flexible. If you want a background picture like that then you should learn how to use photoshop. If you want it to be interactive where you clan click different aspects and such, you better start learning CSS so you can overwrite the code that's alreay written.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
CSS is a style sheet. It allows you to specify what styling you want to give each div, paragraph etc

Using a separate CSS stylesheet allows you to separate style from content.

OP
M
Reaction score
The mosaic you see is most likely done with photoshop. More than likely the person who designed that either had some very good photo art off of the internet or took some pictures with a digital camera. They then took them apart and tweaked all the images and through them together as you see. If the image I saw was actually interactive, then, yes CSS and flash were definately involved. CSS is a script language used a long side or instead of HTML. MySpace was built around CSS that's why it's so popular, because it's flexible. If you want a background picture like that then you should learn how to use photoshop. If you want it to be interactive where you clan click different aspects and such, you better start learning CSS so you can overwrite the code that's alreay written.

how exactly would i create this kind of thing in photoshop though?
do u know of a place where theres an online tutorial?

nickilayouttw8.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.