Making iPhone really sync with iTunes

Reaction score
I want the app I deleted from itunes to be deleted from iphone too. Can this be done?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
That's how it usually works. What exactly is happening when you sync?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I want the app I deleted from itunes to be deleted from iphone too. Can this be done?

All you need to do is sync your iPhone to your Mac in that situation.

For future reference and removal of apps from your iPhone:

Enter iTunes with either your iPhone attached to your Mac or shown as available via WiFi. Select your iPhone and then select apps from the iTunes menu for the iPhone. Then select "remove" for each app you wish removed from your iPhone. Select "apply", select "sync". It will then ask for confirmation.

Do not remove the apps from your main iTunes apps menu or you will have to re-download them again if you should change your mind later on.

OP
R
Reaction score
That's how it usually works. What exactly is happening when you sync?

All you need to do is sync your iPhone to your Mac in that situation.

For future reference and removal of apps from your iPhone:

Enter iTunes with either your iPhone attached to your Mac or shown as available via WiFi. Select your iPhone and then select apps from the iTunes menu for the iPhone. Then select "remove" for each app you wish removed from your iPhone. Select "apply", select "sync". It will then ask for confirmation.

Do not remove the apps from your main iTunes apps menu or you will have to re-download them again if you should change your mind later on.

Thanks for your replies guys. But I guess I did not make myself clear enough. Sorry for that.

I know how to delete an app from my iphone by continously pressing on an app icon or by simply clicking remove from itunes syncing screen.

What I want to do is just deleting an app from my itunes library and in my next syncing seeing that the deleted app also is deleted from my iphone. I want the changes in my iTunes library to effect my iphone.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
I must apologise - I got it wrong. In fact, iTunes specifically tells you that the app will not be deleted from iOS device, even though you're deleting it from iTunes library:

ScreenShot2014-07-27at110522_zps4a043e50.png~original

I suppose it is a safety feature, to protect what is potentially a paid-for app. There's no option, as far as I can see, to circumvent this two-step process.

OP
R
Reaction score
I must apologise - I got it wrong. In fact, iTunes specifically tells you that the app will not be deleted from iOS device, even though you're deleting it from iTunes library:

ScreenShot2014-07-27at110522_zps4a043e50.png~original

I suppose it is a safety feature, to protect what is potentially a paid-for app. There's no option, as far as I can see, to circumvent this two-step process.

That, I was refraining to hear. Thanks though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.