1 Mac 1 PC 1 Printer......

Reaction score
So I have 1 printer and two computers. The issue I am having with the printer sharing is that my wife's computer is a PC and mine is a Mac Pro. They are hooked up to the same network and I can get the printer sharing to work, but when I print from my Mac Pro, all I get is some message on the first page and then it spits out a bunch of blank pages.

The error message is :

% ! PS-Adobe-3.0 %RBINumCopies: 1 %%Pages: (atend) %APL_DSC_Encoding: UTF8 %%Title: (M

Is there a way for me to share one printer on a network with a PC and a Mac? If it helps the printer is an HP Photosmart 8150

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
There's an FAQ in the FAQ section. I'm a Mac owner for all of 48 hours so I can't really talk through it here, but just go to the FAQ forum. I managed to figure it out even being such a noob :D:D

Make sure you pick the relevant printer in the list once you've got the driver stuff and it should all work.. Worked a charm for my 960c.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks I think I got it to work, I went through all the steps and left the Model as generic instead of picking the right model type. Thanks, I just found the FAQ too.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks I think I got it to work, I went through all the steps and left the Model as generic instead of picking the right model type. Thanks, I just found the FAQ too.

If you can find a generic driver, good deal - but if not, you might be better off sharing the printer from your Mac and then connecting to it with your PC. Unfortunately, one thing that Windows does WAY better than the Mac does is connect to a shared printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.