Does the iPad2 have Gorilla Glass or not

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Stumbled into a heated debate at work yesterday and since I now own 3 Apple products I'm labeled "fanboy" by my co-workers.

Since I've been raving about my new iPad2 and that my wife now want's one of her own (what wife wants - wife gets) they seemed to think I had the answer.

I Googled it and it appears as of Jan 2012 there is no empirical answer to this question.

Just thought I'd throw this out here and see what you folks say.

Cheers

Tom

PS: If not GG then what?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Stumbled into a heated debate at work yesterday and since I now own 3 Apple products I'm labeled "fanboy" by my co-workers.

Since I've been raving about my new iPad2 and that my wife now want's one of her own (what wife wants - wife gets) they seemed to think I had the answer.

I Googled it and it appears as of Jan 2012 there is no empirical answer to this question.

Just thought I'd throw this out here and see what you folks say.

Cheers

Tom

PS: If not GG then what?

Give this stuff a read...and a look at the photo:

iPad 2 Glass Is Thinner But Stronger Than Original iPad's | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
AnandTech - The Apple iPad 2 Review
Torture tests show iPad 2 glass much stronger than original iPad [video]
Thinner iPad 2 glass: Will it break? - Computerworld

ipad-2-glass-test110325122220.jpg

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I wonder why all the secrecy over the type and manufacture of the glass.

Well why would you think??;)...it's possibly a competitive advantage.

If you were a company working in a very competitive environment...and in the business of making money...would you want your competition to know all your secrets???;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
It still scatches and cracks. Mine magically cracked by the battery expanding and my dog managed to scratch it as well. I ended up ditching the smart cover for an otterbox and a screen protector.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.