Will updating to iOS 5 screw up Mobile Me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
For those of us who still have it running? I guess I'm asking about the conflict beween iCloud and Mobile Me. I'm hoping that some of you developers might be able to answer the question.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
As I understand it, MM will become iCloud (or already is)....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
I have the same question. I'm still using MobileMe and haven't upgraded to lion yet. Waiting for a while but now the cloud is here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The fact that no new subscribers to Mobile Me was allowed after a certain date which
i forgot but you could probably Google it and it was also stated somewhere that it would be migrated to iCloud as baggs mentioned. What it will add or remove Oct.12
we will all know for sure.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thread moved to proper forum. Not a topic for "Schweb's Lounge". Please read forum descriptions and Sticky notices before posting.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As I understand it, MM will become iCloud (or already is)....
I don't believe MM and iCloud are the same because they each have separate attributes. As somebody mentioned, MM stops in June 2012. I also am not running Lion, so does that mean I'm not eligible for iCloud? I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out where iOS 5 leaves off and iCloud starts.

I wish we could get more information before it comes out. I don't want to upgrade and screw up a service that I'm still using

Thread moved to proper forum. Not a topic for "Schweb's Lounge". Please read forum descriptions and Sticky notices before posting.
Sorry. It didn't neatly fit in either iOS or Mobile Me/iCloud and that's why I put it in Schweb's Lounge.

C

chas_m

Nobody knows the answer to your initial question, but truthfully there's VERY little chance that upgrading to iOS 5 will eliminate your MM syncing until June 30th, 2012.

All of us MM users are invited to move over to iCloud, but it's not mandatory (though I can see no reason why you wouldn't at some point). In short, I think you will still be able to move over to iCloud when you are ready. We'll see soon enough, I suppose ...

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I'm waiting a week or so to upgrade to iOS5 on my 4G. I use MobileMe for syncing and other things. I'd be bummed if something wasn't working and all I had to lean on was "I'm sure Apple will address it in a future update." and "What do you expect with new software?" I'd wait at least a few days and check the Apple Discussion Forum. If there is an issue, some undocumented change or unanticipated side effect, you will likely read the complaints there first.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm waiting a week or so to upgrade to iOS5 on my 4G. I use MobileMe for syncing and other things. I'd be bummed if something wasn't working and all I had to lean on was "I'm sure Apple will address it in a future update." and "What do you expect with new software?" I'd wait at least a few days and check the Apple Discussion Forum. If there is an issue, some undocumented change or unanticipated side effect, you will likely read the complaints there first.
Good observation, that's kind of what I was thinking. I'm also trying to find out how to back up all my MM cal/contacts/etc in case something screws up:Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.