Safari problem

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro operating on Mac OS-Leopard.

Lately, Safari will allow me to log on to my banking sites, and ISP site but nothing else. I have talked to my ISP and router techs, and they tell me all is good at their end.

When I try to access a site, GOOGLE for example, I get this message: Safari can't open the page "Google website in this case" because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes and then try again.

I have this problem now a few weeks and have considered to erase and re-install every thing, but thought this might be a too drastic move and possibly not necessary.

All has been working fine for several years since I bought my MAC-BOOK PRO.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Have you tried another browser such as FireFox? Might tell you if the problem is with Safari specifically, or with another aspect of your MBP.

If another browser works and Safari doesn't, then I would try removing and reinstalling Safari...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Safari > Reset Safari..

Empty the Cache
Remove all Cookies

Might help, but at worst, pages will load slowly the first time, but be back to normal after that.

OP
T
Reaction score
Have you tried another browser such as FireFox? Might tell you if the problem is with Safari specifically, or with another aspect of your MBP.

If another browser works and Safari doesn't, then I would try removing and reinstalling Safari...

I have tried Firefox and the same problem persists. Both are having difficulty connecting to the internet. I have talked to my IP tech guy, and he says all is working at their end.

The only other thing that comes up common to both Safari and FireFox is a proxy and a PAC file.

Does this help any. I am not that tech savy. Thanks Jaygray.

OP
T
Reaction score
I HAVE TRIED A COMPLETE RESET OF SAFARI OVER AND OVER... NO LUCK... SEE REPLY TO JAYGREY. THANKS "toMACsh"

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank You both for responding. It was much appreciated; however, I got desperate, and decided to erase my drive and reinstall everything. All is working well again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.