Living in a "DEAD ZONE"

Reaction score
I live in a dead zone (No Service), is there anyway I can boost the service of my iPhone. Perhaps something through the Internet or an App?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Unless you want to install a cell phone transponder in your living-room, probably not. It's not the phone, it's the provider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Same thing here. When I turn into the neighborhood any and all calls I am/were on are gone. It works about 80% of the time in my house. I tried ordering food the other day and the dude taking my order actually told me that my phone sucked! The things we do for the iPhone! I was completely happy with T-mobile!

OP
C
Reaction score
I ordered one of these Home Page today. I'll comment again to see if it really makes a difference or not. But yes...the things we do for the iPhone indeed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I ordered one of these Home Page today. I'll comment again to see if it really makes a difference or not. But yes...the things we do for the iPhone indeed!
I hope it works for you, beacuse most of these things are SCAMS.

Please post your findings. If it really works, there are a few areas that I travel through where the signal strength could be better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I live in a dead zone (No Service), is there anyway I can boost the service of my iPhone. Perhaps something through the Internet or an App?

Easy answer, no.

@ CI3PH3R,

Ouch go get your money back. I mean TRY and get your money back. Those things don't work one bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods
Yea I switched from us cellular and had great service everywhere. Now I can barely make a call from my house and hit dead zones everywhere. The sacrifice we make for apple.

OP
C
Reaction score
It does work! Boosts the signal by one or two bars in areas where I usually have poor service. It's not a miracle product but it does help. I no longer get the "No Service" in my dead zone.

Reaction score
I was told that everyone should call AT&T to report dead zones. It is up to At&T to install more towers to help with dead zones. I basically have no signal at my home (1 bar on a good day). When you call AT&T they can tell you based your address if there is a tower coming soon!! I am really confused as to why Apple partnered with AT&T to begin with...they had to know that AT&T provides horrible service (lots of dead zones)
The last time I called AT&T they gave me a phone number to call and report dead zones. I have not called the number yet but this is it: 800-288-2747
I love my iphone when I am not in a dead zone!! But in my area....dead zones are every where!! :'(

OP
C
Reaction score
I called the number but they weren't much help. They couldn't tell me anything about towers being built or improving the service. They were more interested in selling me a land line. They noted my information but I'm pretty sure it's already been discarded. I've found related info on this Wireless Extenders - Products - For Home or Office for the iPhone and boosting service. However, the price isn't right, and it may not even work unless you can get a strong signal to begin with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
So is living in a dead zone as scary as they make it out to be in those Verizon commercials?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It does work! Boosts the signal by one or two bars in areas where I usually have poor service. It's not a miracle product but it does help. I no longer get the "No Service" in my dead zone.

Wow I'm surprised. It's just a sticker after all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
wow, i thought i was the only one. I dont really live in a deadzone but in my apartment, i get maybe 1 bar to none. When i walk out side or anywhere else i have Full bars with 3G. Sucks sooo bad today the apple store called and told me my computer was ready to be picked up, but half way through it, the phone started to break up. He laughed and said i should get an iphone. I laughed and said i have an iphone, and i should have never switched from verion.

The guy was a prick, but in the inside, i can never go back to a regular phone ever again. Sucks so bad that verizon turned there backs on apple. Its kind of a lose lose scenario.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Hack it and use t mobile :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hack it and use t mobile :)

T-Mobile is no better that AT&T and worse in many cases. Everyone likes one brand or the other and they all have their faults.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
T-Mobile is no better that AT&T and worse in many cases. Everyone likes one brand or the other and they all have their faults.

Excellent point.

Reaction score

actually in many cases T-Mobile uses the AT&T network out side a core area of town or city, and vice versa, but generally T-Mobile uses the AT&T network for roaming a LOT more

Reaction score
call the service provider, before that, u can only use IM instead...
sometimes without phone, its even better.... What's more! you are now having a extra apple product in your pocket! yes, the brand new ipod touch!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.