Contract Expired Today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 4,1 --> 5,1 6 Core X5680
So should I get a 3GS or wait till the new iPhone this summer? I dont know. I dont want to get a 3GS and be disappointed when the new one comes out in 2.5 months. So what do you guys think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.7 GHz Quad-Core i7 // 16GB RAM // 512GB SSD // Radeon Pro 460 4GB
i would wait...thats what im doing...i still have my original iphone...pretty much definitely getting whatever is coming out in the next couple months...cant wait to upgrade from EDGE...etc

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 4,1 --> 5,1 6 Core X5680
Lol. I guess for u it is a lot harder to have to wait. I have a 3G. Never had an Orig.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've been eligible for an upgrade for a while now, but I'm definitely holding off until this summer for the fourth generation iPhone. If Apple doesn't deliver something awesome I'm considering a jump to an Android device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I've been eligible for an upgrade for a while now, but I'm definitely holding off until this summer for the fourth generation iPhone. If Apple doesn't deliver something awesome I'm considering a jump to an Android device.

I just made the jump to Android (Nexus One) it's really nice, Capacitive touch screen like the iPhone.
I also the like Verizon Droid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, I've been using various Android phones and I really like the OS and hardware. While I like my iPhone, I have some qualms with it (mainly speed, but I don't want to waste an upgrade on the 3GS), but I'm going to give Apple a chance to win my business one more time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I just jumped to Verizon for the Moto Droid but I know I'm going to be regretting it when Apple releases the iPhone this summer.

Reaction score
my general rule is to always skip 1 generation (maybe 2 generations) of device models. If you have a 3Gs now, you should wait for the 5th generation iphone, unless the 4th generation one REALLY has WAAAYYYYY much more improvement than what you have.

i have a regular 3g, if the 4th gen turn out to be very superior to my 3rd gen then i might get one several months afterwards once real world usage review and test results come in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Yea, I've been using various Android phones and I really like the OS and hardware. While I like my iPhone, I have some qualms with it (mainly speed, but I don't want to waste an upgrade on the 3GS), but I'm going to give Apple a chance to win my business one more time.

I just jumped to Verizon for the Moto Droid but I know I'm going to be regretting it when Apple releases the iPhone this summer.

I don't know guys, I can't see Apple doing a major overhaul to the iPhone.
Hopefully I'm wrong but so far hardware wise there haven't been too many improvement compared to other phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Don't go Android.

My husband has a Motorola Droid and he thinks its great, but... there are just so many little things IMO. Scrolling isn't very smooth from what I've found, and that sluggishness extends to other parts of the system, too.

It's also still really Linuxey. I just made that up... it essentially means... well, it still feels like running Linux on a little tiny screen.

Oh, and it's made by Google. Google = Internet Satan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jamie, version 2.1 has included a lot of changes that covers those problems. Multitouch has been enabled, there have been small performance improvements, and more.

As for "feeling Linuxey" that's just nonsense. So you have a few extra options compared to the iPhone, but it's not like you're sitting there typing commands into a console or anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Definitely wait for this summer, especially if you can go month-to-month until then. Hopefully the huge jump in other smartphone like android combined with the slowed growth of iPhone sales will result in Apple making some big changes.

Ditto on the possible switch. I love the iPhone and have purchased some apps, but not enough to make me stay with it if a competing product looks better. Besides, I can use those purchases on my soon-to-be delivered iPad. ;)

To be honest, in light of the new devices out there the iPhone basic interface is looking pretty dated. The iPhone hasn't been out too long, but in terms of handsets it feels like a lot longer. I think Apple needs to at least refresh the look of the homescreen and incorporate some widgets that periodically update when other apps aren't being used. Also, I have to agree that some multi-tasking and display customization would be nice. Also, AMOLED screen and a good power boost would keep me with Apple another couple of years.

Let's hope that, despite the Nexus One's lackluster sales, Apple is feeling the pinch of competition enough to make some significant improvements over the typical marginal changes that are just enough to keep sales going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fleurya, you just completely erased any hesitance I may have had with switching to Android. I was a little worried about not having access to Apple apps anymore, but then you reminded me that I'll still have access to them with my iPad! Now I have absolutely no qualms jumping ship to Android if Apple fails to deliver this summer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Jamie, version 2.1 has included a lot of changes that covers those problems. Multitouch has been enabled, there have been small performance improvements, and more.

As for "feeling Linuxey" that's just nonsense. So you have a few extra options compared to the iPhone, but it's not like you're sitting there typing commands into a console or anything.

No no... I don't mind a terminal. That's actually kinda nice :p

It's not in the system, but in the apps... a lot of rough edges and things. The same kinds of rough edges I see in desktop Linux apps. Like you say, quite a bit may be fixed in 2.1. I'll hunt up some screenshots and a review around the webs and see!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
I am telling myself to hold on to my 3GS until Apple stops releasing software updates for it. But if I know myself, this summer I just might have the fourth gen iPhone in my hands and an angry spouse .... ;)

If they come out, of course.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 13 inch, 2.53 GHz, 4GB RAM
My boyfriend just switched from his first generation iPhone to an Android, and while he tries to make the best of it, I can tell that phone drives him nuts. It's just the little things like the touch not being sensitive enough, the scrolling not being smooth... The sluggish interface in general. I never had this problem with my 3GS. I'm not sure if he's updated it recently, because he has major problems attempting to connect the phone to his computer without it blocking him out. He's always yelling at the phone for one reason or another; not sure if his Android is an isolated case. Either way, I've assured myself that sticking with the iPhone for now is the best idea.

As for a new iPhone release this summer, I'm definitely hanging onto mine unless I see a huge upgrade. Otherwise, I'll skip this upcoming generation and wait for the next!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.