27" iMac i7 value

Reaction score
I have a late 2009 iMac: MB953LL/A
27"
2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores
8GB Ram
1TB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

I am looking to sell it because I want to buy the SSD iMac.
What is a good price to sell it for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
There are websites with this info, but honestly Fleabay would give you the best idea of what is is worth.

Reaction score
I have a late 2009 iMac: MB953LL/A
27"
2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores
8GB Ram
1TB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

I am looking to sell it because I want to buy the SSD iMac.
What is a good price to sell it for?

how much would you like to get for it?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Why not buy an SSD and put it in yourself? There are enough teardown videos/articles that can guide you.

I have to imagine that buying the SSD and doing it yourself is going to be significantly cheaper than buying the SSD on a new iMac through Apple...

Regards

OP
C
Reaction score
I thought about buying an SSD and putting it in my self but it turns out that most SSD do not include the temperature sensor on the SSD which Apple currently has on theirs. I do not feel comfortable buying a different temperature sensor and just taping it on to the SSD for the fan to work correctly. Unless you know of the exact SSD Apple is currently using which has that sensor built in? I can't find that SSD model number and manufacture.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I thought about buying an SSD and putting it in my self but it turns out that most SSD do not include the temperature sensor on the SSD which Apple currently has on theirs. I do not feel comfortable buying a different temperature sensor and just taping it on to the SSD for the fan to work correctly. Unless you know of the exact SSD Apple is currently using which has that sensor built in? I can't find that SSD model number and manufacture.

Even if you found the correct SSD to use, it's still a fairly difficult and involved procedure to install it yourself. You also risk voiding your warranty and damaging your iMac. As pointed out, there are videos and published step by step instructions you can access to get an idea of how to do it.

As you're a new member you are not eligible yet to post anything for sale in our BST forum. You can get an idea of what price your iMac is worth from similar sales on eBay or Craig's list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.