Diablo III install DVD works on Mac!!!

Reaction score
Just a heads-up for Mac gamers:

Imagine my utter surprise and satisfaction when I discovered that the install DVD for the game "Diablo III" contains both the PC and the Mac installation!

I've been playing the game on my PC for several months now, and just installed it on my MacBook Pro 15" Retina yesterday. Wow! It runs perfectly, and looks stunning!

From now on, I'll be looking for games I can run on both platforms.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Excellent find. Never played Diablo though but I've heard it's fun..:) just not my style of game..

OP
jt1968
Reaction score
Excellent find. Never played Diablo though but I've heard it's fun..:) just not my style of game..

I never played the original Diablo, but I started playing Diablo II from the beginning (2000), and waited 12 years for the next one to come out. Diablo III is an excellent game, and looks stunning on a Retina display.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just a heads-up for Mac gamers:

Imagine my utter surprise and satisfaction when I discovered that the install DVD for the game "Diablo III" contains both the PC and the Mac installation!

I'm sure that Diablo 2 and it's incarnations were a hybrid disks (Windows & Mac). I'd have to dig out my Diablo I disk to see if it's a hybrid as well.

Thanks for the heads up...I'm definitely a Diablo fan!:)

- Nick

OP
jt1968
Reaction score
I'm sure that Diablo 2 and it's incarnations were a hybrid disks (Windows & Mac). I'd have to dig out my Diablo I disk to see if it's a hybrid as well.

Thanks for the heads up...I'm definitely a Diablo fan!:)

- Nick

The Diablo II CD I have is Windows only. The Diablo II:Lord of Destruction expansion CD is Windows and Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.