• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you know "The Secret"?

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone here seen the movie "The Secret"?
If you haven't, you should.
It's crazy.
It's basically about your life, and how you live it.
When I saw it, I thought it was a little boring and it seemed made up and unrealistic, but ever since then, everything that the movie talks about seems to be applying in my life, and sometimes i don't even realize it!
I don't exactly remember the movie vividly, but to me, it seems to be true to my life, mostly anyway.
Just watch it, everyone will gain SOMETHING from it.
Even if you don't believe or participate, or even care, you'll learn something, even if it is something YOU personally don't care about.

Get the movie.
Tell me what you think.

Watch the movie!
Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Oh,
forgot to say it's also a book, which is older than the movie.

I think the whole thing is appalling. Someone in my Sangha group brought it up, in relation to Buddhism, and the response was not favourable. Using 'ancient wisdom' to become rich, largely at the expense of others, whilst patting yourself on the back, has got to be some rotten juju, not to mention bad karma.

Additionally, I think it's a vehicle for wealthy and successful people to feel better about their wealth and success and to be able to say to those who haven't made it, well it's just your fault.

I can only sympathise with anyone who may watch that film, and actually think it 'taught' them something. The 'secret' is actually 'you already know this, but you're not enough of a heartless so-and-so to do what it takes'.

You'll have to forgive my negative attitude, but the writer of the book is not someone I really think the world should admire. That's just how I feel about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
Good thing opinions are like noses, everyone has one...

I read some of the book and found it to be interesting, but not mind-blowing in its revelations. Some of the ideas are seemingly common sense to me.

If you got a lot out of it, that's great. It works for you.

Isn't that usually how it goes....(good for one isn't necessarily good for all). Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
I think the whole thing is appalling. Someone in my Sangha group brought it up, in relation to Buddhism, and the response was not favourable. Using 'ancient wisdom' to become rich, largely at the expense of others, whilst patting yourself on the back, has got to be some rotten juju, not to mention bad karma.

Additionally, I think it's a vehicle for wealthy and successful people to feel better about their wealth and success and to be able to say to those who haven't made it, well it's just your fault.

I can only sympathise with anyone who may watch that film, and actually think it 'taught' them something. The 'secret' is actually 'you already know this, but you're not enough of a heartless so-and-so to do what it takes'.

You'll have to forgive my negative attitude, but the writer of the book is not someone I really think the world should admire. That's just how I feel about it.

Did you even READ the book?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Yep. I know a few people who have seen it the only ones wowed by it were the gullible ones. I saw some of it and quickly wrote it off as a load of a*se. Anything that equates money to happiness is just so much BS in my opinion.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
largely at the expense of others, whilst patting yourself on the back, has got to be some rotten juju, not to mention bad karma.

I can only sympathise with anyone who may watch that film, and actually think it 'taught' them something.

How is it at the expense of others?

And really, everyone learns something from practically anything. Even if someone doesn't believe in it, which is up to them obviously, at least they get a look into the windows of other people's beliefs, it's just up to the person to decide if knowing about other people's way of life is important to them. It is to me at least.

Thanks to you (and everyone else) for sharing their views!
I look forward to hearing from more people!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Been there done that, doesn't really work for me lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
You are all outlandishly ridiculous

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
You are all outlandishly ridiculous

Can't really tell who that is aimed at, or why...

Personally, I don't need videos and movies to explain how to live - and if I did, I wouldn't chose one that involves money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.