Running Fujitsu Scanner on Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Maybe this is a better place to post this. Have a Fujitsu SCANSNAP S500 for windows

can anyone help me in how to install and run it on my 2011 Macbook Pro

MAny thanks

Anne

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Maybe this is a better place to post this. Have a Fujitsu SCANSNAP S500 for windows

can anyone help me in how to install and run it on my 2011 Macbook Pro

MAny thanks

Anne

Have you tried going to the Scansnap website?

I have the s1300m and had a problem with it when I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion, but Fujitsu posted an updated driver set which I downloaded and fixed the problem.

I am not sure if there is any real difference between the windows and Mac versions of the scanners other than the software, so my first thing would be to look for a download from Fujitsu (you will probably have to email them your scanner serial number-I think I had to do this for them to provide me an active download link).

EDIT: Here is a place to start looking
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/support/lion_download2.html

And this:
28. My question wasn't answered here, where can I go for additional assistance?

Please visit the technical data section of the FCPA website, go to the Fujitsu Knowledge Base, e-mail [email protected], or call 1-800-626-4686 (Option 1) for pre-sales assistance.

EDIT2: You might also try VueScan (available as a free trial) to see if it works with your scanner (probably will).
http://hamrick.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I will note something - I have a scansnap scanner for windows (S510) - The Mac version software doesn't support the windows scanners off the bat. There are a few "cheats" out there -

1) The japanese version of the scansnap manager does support the windows version of the scan snap scanners, but doesn't have the english language for the application. One site has you getting both the Scan snap mac drivers and the japanese app. Install the mac version, copy the english.proj out of the scan snap bundle in applications, uninstall the mac version, install the japanese version, add in the english language files and go to town - I have the site bookmarked at home that describes the procedure in detail, unfortunately I can't remember what search terms I used to find it originally.

2) There is a thread on macworld that talks about getting the windows scanners to work on osx - the last page has links to their "patches" that would make the software work under Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.