Macbook says 'not charging' but it is, just super slowly

Reaction score
So I've had my 13" white macbook for about 3-4 years now and for some reason the battery will charge when it's plugged in, but the icon says "not charging", and the battery takes FOREVER to charge.
I've gotten a new magsafe, gotten a new battery, and still the same problem.

Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you replace the original MagSafe Adapter charger with an original Apple one or was it a third party replacement? Same for the battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
How much is left in the battery when you first plug it in?

OP
R
Reaction score
@chscag
Both the battery and magsafe were acquired at the mac store, so they weren't 3rd party items.

@rabbitjetta
I plug it in at different percentages, I usually try not to let it die completely before I plug it in so it wont take as long to get back to a full charge

Reaction score
did you ever figure this out?

I am having this same problem, just replaced the magsafe board and bought a new battery, both apple oem parts, computer says not charging, if I sit and watch it, it goes up 1% here and there, and when i put it in standby and leave it over night, fully charges, no lights light up on the magsafe, unless its when i first plug it in, it turns green and then stays a very dim lit green every once in a while, very strange. Help?

Reaction score
I am having this same problem, just replaced the magsafe board and bought a new battery, both apple oem parts, computer says not charging, if I sit and watch it, it goes up 1% here and there, and when i put it in standby and leave it over night, fully charges, no lights light up on the magsafe, unless its when i first plug it in, it turns green and then stays a very dim lit green every once in a while, very strange. Help?

It's like you have the same computer as me.

I'm running 10.8.2 on 15-inch Late 2008 Macbook.

I recently recovered from some water (orange juice) damage and swapped in a hard drive from another Macbook. My battery has been through 68 cycles and the charger is brand new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33G DUO CORE 17"
Any luck with your Mac not charging????

I am having the same problem - macbookpro5,2

Tried SMC, PRAM, new MagSafe and still no luck...

Please help!!!

Thanks!

Flavio Zanetti

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.