What to do with a G4 450Mhz cube

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an old G4 450MHz cube. The question is, any suggestions on what I can use it for? I don't really want to make it into a Macquarium for fish and it still works.

Or do I just keep it in the closet as a glorified paper weight?

Yes, I have a problem letting perfectly good working computers go even if they are rather outdated.

Thanks,

Roland

Atlanta GA

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just sell it on e-Bay. There's probably someone out there that wants it for it's original purpose...AS A COMPUTER!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

And further to what Nick says, there actually are cube collectors, due to its uniqueness. Take a photo of it and sell it on eBay, stating you have the original software and install discs, keyboard, mouse, power cord etc if that is the case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450MHz, MacBook Air 11" 2013, iMac 21.5" i3, iPad 1,1 32GB
Hey Roland,

Might be a bit of a late reply here, but i use my G4 Cube all the time:
A G4 Cube with Tiger and iTunes and some nice speakers is perfectly capable as a jukebox (USB or FW only)
Dropbox makes it a great back-up for your important documents, or even as a second desktop work computer - I run Pages 09 on mine fine.

Those are some ideas anyway!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an old G4 450MHz cube. The question is, any suggestions on what I can use it for? I don't really want to make it into a Macquarium for fish and it still works.

Or do I just keep it in the closet as a glorified paper weight?

Yes, I have a problem letting perfectly good working computers go even if they are rather outdated.

Thanks,

Roland

Atlanta GA

Hey Dude! Im in Atlanta down by the airport...Give It TO ME!;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.