Rfid

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
No it doesn't have RFID...

Lock the iPad with a passcode and keep an eye on it when traveling.

C

chas_m

Also, set up Find My iPhone through iCloud. Should the phone ever be stolen, the unit can be remotely locked or even wiped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'm wondering if you mean protecting the data, stored on the solid state drive, from airport xray machines etc.

If so x-ray machines in airports don't affect solid state/flash storage. Avoid extremes of temperature and baggage handlers and you'll be fine.

OP
B
Reaction score
RFID chips

Thanks for your help. Does the same apply to my MacBookPro and iPhone 3S? They both contain business and personal information that I would not want stolen when I travel in Europe. Is it worth buying the protective wallets/sleeves for the iPhone? I haven't seen anything like that for the Mac.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You have a lot more options on the MBP from ensuring you have a strong password for your user account to adding a firmware password that needs to be entered before the device will even boot.

However, be aware that should you forget your firmware password, it's a chore to get that reset by Apple. You have to prove ownership of the MBP and all before they'll do it..

The iPhone 3GS and iPad work the same as far as protection goes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Thanks for your help. Does the same apply to my MacBookPro and iPhone 3S? They both contain business and personal information that I would not want stolen when I travel in Europe. Is it worth buying the protective wallets/sleeves for the iPhone? I haven't seen anything like that for the Mac.

There is no RFID on these devices, no need. They do not have to pass RF information to a sensor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.