Outlook 2011 Contacts won't allow paste of entire address

Reaction score
I've moved from a PC to Mac. I'm pretty successfully using Outlook 2011 w/ Exchange 2010. My problem is that in Outlook for the PC, if you had a complete street address, you could paste it into the address field and it would be properly parsed into the specific fields.

I can't figure out how to do this on Outlook 2011. Is it possible. It's such a pain when you get a complete address to have to copy/paste the address1, then the address2, then the city, state and zip, one at a time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Yes please

Unfortunately i do not have the answer, but would also desperately like to know. I want to like this mac (I am using it in a business environment after 12 yrs on PCs), I really do, but it is so "just enough different" that it is driving me crazy. It's like writing with my left hand or something...(as a righty).

I've moved from a PC to Mac. I'm pretty successfully using Outlook 2011 w/ Exchange 2010. My problem is that in Outlook for the PC, if you had a complete street address, you could paste it into the address field and it would be properly parsed into the specific fields.

I can't figure out how to do this on Outlook 2011. Is it possible. It's such a pain when you get a complete address to have to copy/paste the address1, then the address2, then the city, state and zip, one at a time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I support Outlook 2011

Hello,

Outlook 2010/Windows OS has been implemented with an Auto-Field Fill feature. Basically, if what you are pasting matches a certain format the program is asking for, it will automatically fill this in. A few Browsers do this as well.

Outlook 2011 currently does not have this implemented, as I believe the OS is required to have the function, not the program itself. Thanks for the suggestion, it may happen one day.

-Shane Toutges
Microsoft Business Enterprise
Office 2011 Core Team

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.