Decent, good value for money Macbook White mag-safe charger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
Hello. My charger is broken so I need a replacement but everywhere I look there are bad reviews. Can anyone help me? I have 58% charge left to find one. :D

Thank you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello. My charger is broken so I need a replacement but everywhere I look there are bad reviews. Can anyone help me? I have 58% charge left to find one. :D

Thank you.

My wife likes to have multiple plugin chargers for her MacBook...since she uses it in different rooms in our home. So instead of unplugging the charger (from the wall) when she moves from room to room...she just buys a 2nd charger...and disconnects the MacBook via the mag-safe plug.

In any case...we purchased a used original Apple charger off e-Bay for about $30 bucks. It works great...was less than half the price of a new one from the Apple Store...AND most likely better quality than buying a 3rd party "knock-off" charger.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
Thank you for the replies.

This one in genuine according to reviews. I trust amazon more than ebay when it comes to buying things.

Genuine Apple 60W MagSafe MacBook Adapter A1184: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Problem is I don't trust the Apple one since it broke after 1 and a half years of use. It's only a charger. Should last decades.

I guess I'll get it and hope it is fine and comes soon.

35% charge left. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Thank you for the replies.

This one in genuine according to reviews. I trust amazon more than ebay when it comes to buying things.

Genuine Apple 60W MagSafe MacBook Adapter A1184: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Problem is I don't trust the Apple one since it broke after 1 and a half years of use. It's only a charger. Should last decades.

I guess I'll get it and hope it is fine and comes soon.

35% charge left. :(
Might want to read the forums about how many knock off chargers did more
damage than good in the end you might save money buying the Apple charger its electronics the life expectancy is anyones guess may fail tommorrow may lasts longer than the laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.